Created this Symmetrical Art for Victoria Johnson’s Create Explore Florals 2 recently. Florals is a subject I love creating. They are timeless. Each artist designers can bring out the uniqueness of their own style, in different ways.
The artwork on the left was based on Australiana Theme. I wanted to feature the beauty of our nature flowers in a flower garden settings.
As for the artwork on the right. Putting Folk Art shapes and element on top of the floral designs in this design. Those colour palette are something I don’t normally use. That said, I’m happy how it turned out.
Do you have any favourite flower in mind? Any special colour palette that you created recently? Feel free to share in comment below, I like to know more. 🙂
1. Skywhale. This “little icon” is one of the true Canberran would appreciate. A Canberra icon. Patricia Piccinini, the artist was commissioned to create another companion – Skywhalepapa for the Skywhale recently. It will be launched in May 2020.
2. Protea. One of my favourite flower of all even it’s not Australian flora.
3. Canberra Bus Stop. Another Canberra icons. I have not seen anything like that (the bus stop shelter) around Australia until we relocated to Canberra.
4. Iced Vovo. Typical Australian food snack. My kids love the icing on top. Makes a great afternoon tea companion.
5. Koala with Protea. Australia iconic animal! Aren’t they the cutest? 🙂 Everyone loves and needs a bit of Koala in their lives! We extremely love and adore having them in down under.
6. Bubble O’Bill. Do you know fact: * A brand of packaged ice cream currently in Australia and New Zealand. * Its name a pun on an Old West figure Buffalo Bill, the ice cream resembles a cowboy, distinctive for having a gun all in place of a nose. * There are 3 flavours of ice cream being used to form the details of a Bubble O’Bill ice cream. The strawberry 🍓 for the face, caramel lips and moustache details, and a chocolate hat, with a hole resembling a gunshot. The reserve of the ice cream is coated with a layer of milk chocolate. (Copy source from Wikipedia)
7. Belconnen Owl. An owl sculpture in Belconnen intersection. It has a weird “alternative name”. A customer told me that apparently the Southside Canberra is having their own owl sculpture too? Anyone knows more about this?
8. Fairy Bread. Sliced white bread spread with butter or margarine and covered with sprinkles or “hundreds and thousands”, served at children’s parties in Australia and New Zealand.
The floss dance has been the topic amongst the kids’ community recently. I had to google what floss dance was. I tried to learn (cool mum right? LOL) and do it with my oldest. I must have look very funny when I floss. Haha.
These illustration is to reflect my thought above exactly. I like to create and make a story behind each illustration I made. For this particular one was created for #theillustrationstation on the theme #fox.
I also made it in green background. I had it on instagram asking which background colour they like. Yellow has the most vote. But I personally like the one with the green background. Which one do you prefer? 🙂